Importing products to ShipMonk is fairly straight forward. All you need is a little Excel knowledge and you'll save a bunch of time when it comes to creating products in ShipMonk's inventory system.
Here is how to get it done:
1) Check out this easy-to-use template we've created for you to use while importing your products! There are just a few things to note:
a) Required Fields - The yellow fields are required. You will need to input data into these columns in order for the data file to be valid.
b) SKU Mapping - If the SKU name you are inputting doesn't match any Physical Product in our system, you will be able to "map" these products to physical products later.
Here are the fields you will need to fill out:
|Type of Product||Identify whether it's 1) Pick and Pack 2) Slap a Label 3) Insert|
|SKU||Unique Identifier to the item (this should match the product SKU in your marketplace).|
|Product Name||General name of the product|
|Barcode||If your product has a barcode, the barcode number goes here|
|Replacement Value||To give you valid reporting data and real-time inventory value, fill out the product COGS (replacement cost)|
|Customs Declaration Value||When shipping internationally, each item has to have a declaration value. This is the value we will use for customs declaration.|
|Country of Origin||Where was the product manufactured or assembled (also for export purposes)|
|Type of Packaging||See the table below for different packaging types.|
|HS Code||Internationally standardized system of names and numbers to classify traded products for export purposes. (not required, but helps speed up the process)
|Barcode||If your product has a barcode, please include it here. (only if it has a readable barcode)|
Type of Packaging for your product:
Note: If there are multiple SKU's in an order, the "most protective" level of packaging will be always used.
|3||Box (Corrugated Box)|
|4||Fragile (die cut kraft paper)|
|5||Slap a Label (shipping label goes directly on the product)|
|6||Custom (you are providing your own packaging, which needs to be setup as an "insert")|
2) Once your file is prepared, select the products you want to import. Then copy and paste them into ShipMonk's system (but do not copy and paste the column headers).
3) Choose the file format (it will most likely be Excel) and click "Next."
4) This step will organize your data into columns, which will then enable you to select the header for each column (SKU, product name, weight, dimensions, customs declaration value, etc.) Choose the correct header for each column (make sure this is accurate). If these are new products that do not already exist in ShipMonk's inventory system, click "Import New Items." [Quick tip: If items already exist in the system and you want to modify their details in bulk, just upload the new data for these existing SKUs and and click "Import and Update Existing Products."]
5) Depending on the amount of data, this process could take 10 seconds to a few minutes. Then voila! Your products will be created in ShipMonk's inventory system!