During your onboarding session, you'll discuss with a Happiness Engineer your plans to fulfill your backer rewards, when your inventory is coming in, and what day it needs to be shipped out. We will then "batch" your orders and group them together to be sent on your ship date.
There are four important things to consider:
- Do you need ShipMonk's help to schedule the freight of the inbound the inventory?
- What is your target ship date?
- Will you be using Custom Packaging or ShipMonk Packaging? What packaging size do you need?
- Inform a Happiness Engineer of the type of packaging materials, dimensions, etc. that you'll need for your orders. It's important that we have this information to ensure that we have sufficient packaging prior to your shipment date.
- How would you like your products assembled and shipped?
- Depending on the complexity of the assembly required there may be a need for a Special Project to pre-kit the shipments.
- How do I want E-Mail notifications for customers set up?
- This should ideally be set up before orders are shipped out. View Step 4 in the instructions below for more information.
Step 1. The first thing you'll need to do is import all your backer orders into ShipMonk and place them "On Hold."
Step 2. Your Happiness Engineer will then do is coordinate with the warehouse staff and discuss the feasibility of shipping your orders out on your selected ship date. This coordination is important to ensure that enough packaging is on hand and that there are no other conflicting crowdfunding campaigns or subscription box orders on that day.
It's important to have a degree of flexibility with your ship date should that date be unavailable.
Your Happiness Engineer will confirm your ship date and notify you via email.
Step 3. Setup billing and add funds to cover the cost of all your orders.
It is important to note that your orders WILL NOT be able to be shipped until your account balance is positive. Please be sure to address this prior to your scheduled ship date. We highly recommend setting up auto-replenishment while you fulfill your backer orders.
Step 4. Set up E-Mail notifications for customers for updates on their orders.
Ultimately, there are two ways to do this:
- You can upload your tracking numbers directly to your crowdfunding platform after they have shipped out (if using this option you will complete this after Step 5).
- CLICK HERE for tutorial
- NOT SUPPORTED
- Or proactively set up E-Mail notifications for your customers through ShipMonk. This option can be used to notify your backers across all crowdfunding platforms through ShipMonk.
- CLICK HERE for a walkthrough of how to have custom emails set up.
Step 5. On the day of your shipment, your Happiness Engineer will give you the go-ahead that your orders that are On Hold and submit them for fulfillment. From there we will batch and ship all of your backer rewards.