During your onboarding session, you'll discuss with a Happiness Engineer your plans to fulfill your backer rewards, when your inventory is coming in, and what day it needs to be shipped out. We will then "batch" your orders and group them together to be sent on your ship date.
There are three important things to consider:
- What is your ship date? (have a degree of flexibility)
- What packaging size do you need?
- Inform a Happiness Engineer of the type of packaging materials, dimensions, etc. that you'll need for your orders. It's important that we have this information to ensure that we have sufficient packaging prior to your shipment date.
- What are your freight requirements?
- Discuss with your Happiness Engineer your price-point for freight, your shipment time-frame, and your carrier preferences for your orders so we can help you get your orders to your customers at the quickest speeds and lowest possible rates.
Step 1. The first thing you'll need to do is import all your backer orders into ShipMonk and place them "On Hold".
Step 2. What your Happiness Engineer will then do is coordinate with the warehouse staff and discuss the feasibility of shipping your orders out on your selected ship date. This coordination is important to ensure that enough packaging is on hand and that there are no other conflicting crowdfunding or subscription box orders on that day.
It's important to have a degree of flexibility with your ship date should that date be unavailable.
Step 3. After coordinating with a Happiness Engineer on the freight to send your inventory (either us booking or you booking), create a receiving for your inventory and BE SURE to mark your receiving order as "non-pickable inventory" to ensure we don't place your inventory in standard picking locations.
Step 4. You will need to access your billing portal and add additional funds to cover the cost of all your orders.
Our system will initially charge you default pick & pack pricing on those orders, however, once the warehouse team "batches" your orders together, your pricing will switch to the crowdfunding fulfillment pricing.
It is important to note, however, that your orders WILL NOT be able to be shipped until your account balance has been paid. Please be sure to address this prior to the date of your shipment.
Step 5. When we receive your inventory it will be stored together in non-pickable locations in preparation for your order. Your Happiness Engineer will confirm your ship date and notify you via email. At this point, you'll go to your orders that are On Hold and submit them for fulfillment.
At this point, there's nothing left for you to do. On the day of your shipment, in an assembly line process, we will pick and pack all the orders at once they will all be shipped out at the same time.